WSET® Level 1 Wines
Within a short period of time the product knowledge and the skills required by those dealing directly with consumers / customers can be acquired.. The methodology of pairing food & wine is studied and analysed in depth at this level.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Level 1 is aimed at frontline professionals . It is also addressed to employees without previous relevant background or training seeking to acquire the necessary knowledge-base. The programme is designed is such a way that even a general the consumer/ wine lover can attend and understand concepts such as the tasting of single variety and more complex wines and the combination of wine and food. Level 1 is is useful and necessary tool in his/her contact with wine whether in the restaurant, in the off-license or at home!
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMME & EXAMS
- The main varieties and styles of wine
- A systematic approach to tasting (WSET® Level 1 Systematic approach to tasting)
- The main characteristics of the main grape varieties.
- Legal safety and responsible consumption issues,
- Food and wine pairing
- For successful completion of the course students are evaluated by a 30 multiple choice questions test and a food & wine matching test.
- Test Selection Language: Greek or English
- Total duration of Programme : 4 weekly lessons + exam (or intensive one weekend courses+ exam)
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Entry Requirements: The student should be 18 years or older.
- Those who pass the exam will receive a WSET® Level 1 Awards in Wines and Spirits certificate and a pin with the logo of Ariadne.
Level 1 Award in Wines Specification