WSET® Level 2 Wines
The training programme will focus on the main grape varieties and key wine regions of the world, as well as the main types of spirits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Level 2 programme is suitable for professionals (hotel employees, salespersons in wholesale and retail) who are required to demonstrate a basic product knowledge in order to better serve their clients. It is also recommended as an ideal learning tool for consumers wanting to complete their basic knowledge of wines and spirits.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMME AND EVALUATION CRITERIA
- How wine is produced and factors affecting its style
- The main white grape varieties
- The main red grapes varieties
- Wine producing regions around the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet and Fortified Wines
- Liqueurs and Spirits
- Label descriptions
- Food and wine pairing
- WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting Level 2
- For successful completion of the course students are evaluated by a 50 multiple choice questions exam
- :Total duration of Programme: 10 weekly lessons + exam (or five-day intensive courses + exam)
- Exam Duration: 1.5 hours
- Entry Requirements: It is recommended that the student should have successfully completed the Level 1 Title WSET® in Wines
- Those who pass the exam will receive a WSET® Level 2 Awards in Wines and Spirits Certificate and a pin with the logo of Ariadne.
WSET® Level 2 in Wines and Spirits Specification