WSPC® Level 3 Greek Wines
The aim of THE HESTIA Advanced Certificate is to prepare candidates in depth, providing them with a high level of knowledge of the full range of Greek wines and spirits. Upon completion of the programme, students should also have the ability to write comprehensive tasting notes, recognise the different styles of Greek wines / spirits tasted , as well as well as being able to judge their quality.
Those who pass the exam will receive a HESTIA Advanced Certificate.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMME AND EVALUATION CRITERIA
Unit 1 - Greek Wines
- The production of wine (history, location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, label legislation)
- Main grape varieties
- Thrace, Macedonia, Epirus, Thessaly, Central Greece, Ionian Islands, Peloponnese, Aegean Islands
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wine
- Spirits and Liqueurs
- Food and Wine pairing
- Evaluation of this Unit will be in the form of 70 multiple choice questions
Unit 2 - Tasting and Evaluation of Greek wines
- Systematic approach to tasting Level 3 - the student will learn how to taste the wines and evaluate their quality, style and price.
- Evaluation of this Unit will be through a blind tasting of two wines.
- Total Length of Programme: 12 weekly lessons + exam (or intensive six-day programmes taking place outside Athens + exam)
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Studies Prerequisites: Successful completion of WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits