Updated 25 May 2018
At W.S.P.C., we want to be an exemplary Educational Organization and a Responsible Corporate Citizen. We value sincerity and precision maintaining among our top priorities the development of strong and ongoing relations with our students and graduates -older, current and future ones. A relation based in trust and mutual benefits.
Towards this direction, the main points of our commitment and everyday practice follow:
- We value the right to privacy and secure data protection at all times, both in terms of infrastructure, and internal organization and W.S.P.C. employees’ training.
- We collect and handle data with legitimacy, transparency and fairness, at all times.
- We use only the data necessary for the completion of a task.
- We do not use data for purposes neither irrelevant to our legitimate business needs nor unspecified.
- We do not provide, nor offer your data to third parties –irrelevant to our legitimate business scope. We do not sell your data.
- We cooperate with reliable business partners, also complied with GDPR.
- We make sure that all our communications carry value for your studies, ensure a high quality administration and provide in timely manner information about necessary logistics and new opportunities, avoiding misuse and overuse of your time and trust. This communication channel may stop in some cases.
- We respect your rights and do our best to fulfill requests to the extent it is possible, without overlooking W.S.P.C.’s legal and operational obligations, as well as legitimate business needs.
Where do we find the data?
We retain personal information we collect from our (potential) students where there is an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. The data may be collected in a number of ways:
- During your enrollment: When you apply or register to study at W.S.P.C. we will collect data to allow us to administer your studies.
- If you express an interest in our courses: We will ask you to provide us with some information so we can communicate with you effectively. Your interest may be expressed over phone, a visit to our offices, via email or social media messenger services, at our stand during acclaimed trade fairs and other official organizations, as well as during W.S.P.C. events.
- In various other ways during the course of your studies, for example, when you interact with W.S.P.C. Services.
- From third parties: If you register our courses as a “corporate agent” and / or bursary - sponsorship winner.
- From our partners: If you have applied to start and or continue your studies at W.S.P.C. via
- Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
- Court of Master Sommeliers (CMS) Europe and USA.
What Information we collect
We collect data that help us administrate successfully your registration and all necessary logistics throughout your studies, as well as support your journey to developing knowledge even after your graduation from a specific course level.
- Your full name
- Your contact information such as address, email address and telephone number
- Information required for your Student Record in accordance to relevant legislation and to process demanded by the relevant partner - Institution (WSET and / or CMS Europe). This may be:
- Vat Registration Number and Tax Office
- Copy of your ID or valid Passport in order to secure a) correct spelling of your name in latin (that it will also be printed on your Certification(s) and b) the necessary identification process during the exams.
The Student Record also includes assessments of your work during your studies, details of examination taken, examinations grades, attendance records, requests for examination re –evaluation, re-sits etc.
How we use the data
At W.S.P.C. we make sure the use of data fulfills the following tasks:
- Administer your studies and their development.
- Provide a quality educational experience and an efficient context that will support your goals, your pursuit in enhancing your knowledge and skills, as well as in taking advantage new opportunities for further development.
- Establish a consistent and efficient channel in terms of communications and Students Support Services.
- Perform the obligations and guidelines set in our contracts related to our courses, as well as to other product services (e.g. books, courses, events etc) available from W.S.P.C..
- Carry out legal duties.
- Provide other activities within W.S.P.C. ’s business including developing and maintaining our alumni programme:
The ongoing development of your studies and skills through participation at new courses and / or special events powered and/or supported by W.S.P.C.
The implementation of a consistent communications and interaction channel between our Organization and W.S.P.C. Graduates community in order to inform about opportunities related to their educational progress and to the acclaimed international WSET and CMS Europe network, per case.
The ability to take advantage of the value and good reputation of W.S.P.C. for future professional evolution.
Saving and keeping your data secure
All data collected at W.S.P.C. are used for the purposes described in this Policy:
- The data remains at W.S.P.C. and are handled by our Admissions Department, which is responsible for administrating the studies and the delivery of the Awards to their recipients in collaboration with the British Institutions of WSET and CMS Europe per case, as well as for an ongoing support related to educational purposes.
- The data are not transferred to third parties, irrelevant to our legitimate business needs and operational logistics described in the Policy, neither in nor outside the European Union.
- The data are protected at all times due to undertaken measures related to infrastructure (IT, digital) and a strict internal context of regulations and responsibility chart.
The legal basis for processing your data
We rely on several different legal basis depending on the processing being performed:
- The implementation of a Student Contract on behalf of our Organization, related to courses or other products offered by W.S.P.C., aiming at the administration of all related commitments and obligations, and the successful completion of the programme.
- For reasons related to legislation or vital interests (e.g towards the Ministry of Education).
- For the purposes of legitimate interest of W.S.P.C. aiming at:
- Improving our services
- Improving our Student / Client Support Services
- Safeguarding the legitimate interests of our students, clients and W.S.P.C. employees
- Safeguard the reputation and reliability of our Organization and –through this- the added value offered tour students, clients and W.S.P.C. employees
Others we share data with
Where necessary we will disclose, outside W.S.P.C., relevant items of your personal data as set out below. This may occur with:
- Our partner Institutions
- Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
- Court of Master Sommeliers (CMS) Europe
in order to administrate the relevant courses, confirm you qualifications and the accreditation of your courses.
- Third reliable parties to whom we assign the completion of a project / task that may demand data processing. Indicative examples are services related to IT, website development, Data Base Support, accounting, payroll, courier etc.
- Local Ministry Departments and other responsible authorities in order to comply to our legal obligations and safeguard the legal rights and security of W.S.P.C., as well as the rights of our students, clients and employees.
- Legal (e.g. companies) and natural (e.g. legal guardians) persons that provide our courses to third parties (e.g. employees, sponsorship / bursary winners , offspring who have attained 18 years) by undertaking the legal obligations (payment of tuition).
In each case, information will be only shared with these third parties in accordance to the GDPR principles.
How we keep the data shared with third parties safe
By keeping a strict and complied to Legislation and GDPR context and code of practice including:
- Partners that can prove their compliance to Legislation, good practice and GDPR standards.
- Contract with all our partners setting in the most transparent and legitimate way the data processing in terms of the need and the type of data demanded for the task in question, as well as in terms of best and secure practise throughout the project.
More information regarding the data shared with third parties can be available upon request to email@example.com
When there is no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
At W.S.P.C. we value your right to privacy and data protection, values that define the core of our philosophy and everyday practice since the beginning of our operation.
You have several rights on your personal data held by W.S.P.C. as set out in the GDPR, described below.
For more information regarding your rights, the way and preconditions to implement them per case, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask for more details at the responsible local authority (Hellenic Data Protection Authority).
- To be informed about your data retained
- To access your data
You have the right to know which information we keep at our data bank and how we use them. If you wish to access your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
In order to meet your request, you will be asked to complete a “Subject Access Request” (SAR) form and to be able to prove your identification (by providing an ID or passport). When the identification process is verified, we will reply to your request within the context and time defined by GDPR.
- To amend / update your data
If you believe that your data retained at W.S.P.C. are inaccurate, incomplete or have been altered, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will make all the necessary amendments asap.
- To request the erasure of your data
In some cases, you have the right to ask for your data to be erased. Please keep in mind that this is not an absolute right and it may be declined if your data retention is required for legal duties and / or legitimate interests.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
- Tο transmit your data to another controller
You have the right to ask for the portability of your information, that is to receive your personal data in a structured commonly used and machine readable format.
In case of any queries, do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tο refuse receiving email marketing services
You have the right to ask to remove your email from marketing / advertisement notifications.
At W.S.P.C. we make sure that our communications channel is used for your educational benefit with respect to your trust, time and needs. However, if you believe that our notifications are not adding value to your educational experience as a member of our Students and Graduates community, you may contact us anytime at email@example.com or choose the unsubscribe option available.
- Tο submit a complaint to the relevant authority
You have the right to submit a complaint to your relevant local authority* if you feel that our practices are against your rights to privacy and data protection regulation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your complaint in case of any queries.
*The local authority in Greece is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
We may amend this privacy notice and will occasionally update to comply to Legislation, as well as to reflect customer feedback and enhance its accessibility. In that case, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted such changes. We do encourage you to periodically review this notice to be informed of how the institution is protecting your privacy.
If you wish to learn more about our COOKIES POLICY, please click HERE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: email@example.com