The Wine & Spirits Professional Centre ( WSPC®) was founded in 2004 with the aim of acquiring impeccable and accredited training in wines and spirits, geared to professionals working in the markets of wine, spirits , tourism , catering and cruise companies, or for those wishing to enter these markets. Through the increase of knowledge of the market of wines and spirits, the WSPC® aims to continually improve the quality of consumer products and services provided by individuals and businesses in all sectors.
Milestone dates in the ten years of the WSPC®'s operations:
- 2006 - First WSET® Diploma examinations in Greece.
- 2009 - The Riedel Trophy: The WSPC® is given the award as the Best Educational Centre globally, amongst 42 countries.
- 2010 - The HESTIA Advanced Certificate is created and offers a well-structured training programme for Greek wines supported by a 100-page manual.
- 2011 - Cooperation with the University of Nicosia in Cyprus.
- 2012 - Cooperation with the representative of WSET® in China (Asian Wine Service & Education Centre - AWSEC) for the running of Master classes on the subject of Greek wines.
- 2013 - Become Representatives for the Court of Master Sommeliers in Greece.
- 2014 - Cooperation between WSPC® and the Greek version of Wikipedia